Behind the Clues 10 Years with Blue
July 27, 2006
Behind the Clues 10 Years With Blue is special episode of Blue's Clues.
- This episode, unlike most episodes, aired on the cable channel Nickelodeon.
- Though considered the series' epilogue, one episode aired after the special, Meet Blue's Baby Brother, 100th Episode Celebration, The Anything Box, Can You Help & Blue's Big Costume Party.
- Originally announced to premiere on July 27th 2006.
- It is revealed that a working title for the show was Blue Prints and even that only came along after it was decided that Blue should be a female dog instead of a male cat and Steve was young. Clips of the pilot can be seen.
- The show was originally going to have a female host but Steve landed the audition. His appearance which is similar to that of a skate rat was seemed non family friendly so they called him to ask if he can change his look.
- Mr. Salt, voiced by one of the composers Nick Balaban, was originally given a Brooklyn accent instead of being French.
- Blue was originally going to be called Mr. Orange before deciding to be a blue cat, later a blue dog.
- The real reason for Steve's departure was because he didn't want to make a career on children's television and that he didn't want to lose his hair for a kids' television show since the network wants him to have the same look in the show.
- Donovan Patton landed the audition at the age of 24 but he had no idea what Blue's Clues was, thinking it was about the blues and picturing Blue with a soul patch and a saxophone.
- Clips from the UK version of Blue's Clues and the Korean version can be found.
- Because they ran out of money, the staff provided several voices for the animated casts. Co-creator Traci Paige Johnson played Blue because out of her staff, she can bark more like a dog. Music composers Nick Balaban and Michael Rubin later became Mr. Salt and Mailbox.
- All of the animation sequences were done in blue screen.
- Celebrity Gilbert Gottfried made an appearance in an audition for the show complaining about the techniques for blue screen.
- The reason Steve left because he was losing his hair was actually a secret and he let out on a Nick Jr. exclusive.
- This episode uses the new Nick Jr Productions logo from 2005 with a copyright notice.
- Clips of Steve and Joe can be seen during Steve's Mailtime rap.
- This is the series finale of Blue's Clues.