Blue's Big Holiday
Season 3, Episode 10
Monday, November 29, 1999
1. 4 little pawprints
Answer to Blue's Clues
Blue as a baby
Blue's Big Holiday is the 10th episode of Blue's Clues from season 3.
- Mr. Salt
- Mrs. Pepper
- Green Puppy
- Orange Kitten
- Doll With Orange Dress
- Purple Kangaroo
- Felt Friends
It's the holidays in the Blue's Clues neighborhood and we're getting together some great gifts, as well as creating patches for a memory quilt. We even pick out the perfect gifts for some of Blue's friends. Later, we deliver them and learn all about various holiday traditions. In the process, we also receive several great patches for the quilt.
- This is the last episode to use the 1996-1999 Nick Jr. logo at the end of the episode. In this episode, the logo was the kangaroos from Blue Wants To Play A Song Game & Blue's Sad Day. On later episodes, the Nick Jr. Productions logo introduced in 1999 will be used for the rest of the series.
- Blue hides behind a bush in this rare introduction.
- The tree has no leaves.
- Steve is seen in a green-striped sweater.
- Steve's holiday notebook makes a jingling sound when it's shook.
- During the Blue's Clues theme song, Blue took out the regular notebook instead of the holiday notebook.
- Blue skidooed back home offscreen.
- This is the 1st time Green Puppy is called Green.
- Steve didn't mention the name of the candle holder which was called a Kinara. It was used to celebrate Kwanzaa.
- In the Mail Time segment, the letter was from Magenta instead of Steve's friends.
- Mailbox's Flag Warmer was later seen in Blue's First Holiday.
- Steve sings the So Long Song in the living room, they don't zoom out from the door of the house. Instead, the credits are shown while Steve & Blue continue dancing.
- The content consultants for this episode are Daniel Anderson & Laura G. Brown. They're the exact same consultants from What Does Blue Want To Do With Her Picture.
- P.J. Bassett and Minque Rilley were Steve's Friends from Hide and Seek.
- This is the last episode to air in 1999.
- The doll with the orange dress actually had a yellow dress instead of orange.
- In the Mail Time segment, Steve and Blue weren't in the Blue's Clues House when the mail call started, so they end up singing the part of the Mailtime song outside, and make it just in time to get the mail.
- Blue howls out "MAAAIIIIILLL!" in a high note instead of a normal note. She will continue doing that in "100th Episode Celebration", "Magenta's Messages" and "Joe's Clues".
- This is the 3rd time the Mail Time segment takes place rather close to the end of the episode, instead of more towards the middle. The other two times were in "A Snowy Day" and "Magenta Comes Over".