The Thinking Chair is where Steve or Joe solve a problem. They puzzles over Blue's three clues and attempts to come up with the answer.
Substitute Thinking Chairs
- Nature - Thinking Rock
- Magenta Gets Glasses - Couch (due to the lack of additional room for Miranda on the actual Thinking Chair)
- Magenta's Messages - Yellow Lawn Chair
- Blue's Big Car Trip - Backseat Behind Passenger Seat
- The Fairy Tale Ball - A Group of Mushrooms, Baby Bear's Chair
- Soccer Practice - Thinking Bench
- Meet Blue's Baby Brother - The Golden Thinking Chair
- The Thinking Chair was the second clue in "Inventions".
- It is possible the Thinking Chair used in the final two seasons of the Original Series was a replica as Steve was given the original Thinking Chair when he left.